The 2017 competition was launched on 18 June 2017 and closing date for submissions is midnight on Friday 1 September 2017. Please make sure you have read the rules before you enter.
This year’s theme is “It’s Complicated”.
1. Stories must be your own work, and not previously published or read out in public.
2. All stories should have relevance to the broader Australian or New Zealand LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer) community.
3. All stories must relate to the theme in some way.
4. Stories must be 750 words or less. You will be asked to include your word count at the end of your story.
5. A deadline will be set. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address, postal address, age group and contact phone number in your submission.
7. Your name must not appear anywhere in your story – our judges read all stories in blissful ignorance of the writer’s identity.
8. If you submit a story to the competition, you are also giving us permission to publish it.
9. You may submit more than one story.
10. We accept stories from writers based in Australia and New Zealand only.
11. Winners and Highly Commendeds will be invited to read their work at our winners event.
12. Unfortunately we cannot enter into any discussion with you about your story, or provide individual feedback.