These rules apply to our 2018 miniature* competition, which is now closed. Our main competition will be launched in June 2018.
1. Stories must be your own work, and not previously published or read out in public.
2. All stories should have relevance to the broader Australian or New Zealand LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer) community.
3. All stories must relate to the theme in some way.
4. Stories must be 40 words or less. You will be asked to include your word count at the end of the submission process.
5. Deadline is midnight on Thursday 15th February 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address, postal address, age group and contact phone number in your submission.
7. Your name must not appear anywhere in your story – our judges read all stories in blissful ignorance of the writer’s identity.
8. If you submit a story to the competition, you are also giving us permission to publish it if it is a winner. Otherwise, copyright remains with the author.
9. You may only submit one story.
10. We accept stories from writers based in Australia and New Zealand only.
11. All winners will be invited to share their stories publicly.
12. Unfortunately we cannot enter into any discussion with you about your story, or provide individual feedback.