The 2017 competition is now closed. Next year’s competition will be launched in June 2018.
1. Stories must be your own work, and not previously published or read out in public.
2. All stories should have relevance to the broader Australian or New Zealand LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer) community.
3. All stories must relate to the theme in some way.
4. Stories must be 750 words or less. You will be asked to include your word count at the end of your story.
5. A deadline will be set. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address, postal address, age group and contact phone number in your submission.
7. Your name must not appear anywhere in your story – our judges read all stories in blissful ignorance of the writer’s identity.
8. If you submit a story to the competition, you are also giving us permission to publish it if it is a winner. Otherwise, copyright remains with the author.
9. You may submit up to three stories.
10. We accept stories from writers based in Australia and New Zealand only.
11. All winners will be invited to read their work at our winners event.
12. Unfortunately we cannot enter into any discussion with you about your story, or provide individual feedback.